College has active NSS and NCC UNITS.
UNIT 1 : Intake 100 (PO Dr. Subhash Chander)
UNIT 1 : Intake 100 (PO Dr. Satpal Sulodia)
UNIT 1 : Intake 100 (PO Dr. Palak)
SD: Intake 129 (CTO Sh. Bharat Bhushan)
SW: Intake 53 (CTO Dr. Meena Kumari)
National Service Scheme
National Service Scheme is a public service program launched by the then Union Education Minister V.K.R.V. Rao in 1969. Every Indian male and female who is earlier than 18 years of age at the time of joining is eligible to join National Service Scheme.
Objectives of the National Service Scheme
The Government of India has set five main objectives for National Service Scheme:
National Security Broadcast-to raises awareness about national security among people by organising awareness camps and public meetings.
National Integration- inculcate the spirit of unity amongst people, including religious communities and castes, by organising events that promote patriotism, nation-building, unity in diversity, and ancient heritage.
National Unity- promotes cultural exchanges between different parts of India.
Benefits of National Service Scheme
1) The Government provides various kinds of assistance to the participating participants in National Service Scheme.
2) The Government provides free education to all participating participants, both in schools and training institutes.
3) The Government pays the salary of the participating participants during the period of the National Service Scheme.
4) Monetary assistance is paid to families of persons serving under NSS.
5) The Government provides subsidised railway fare as well as food & accommodation allowance as per rules.
National Cadet Corps
National Cadet Corps was started as a voluntary organisation in 1948 and was established after the passing of the National Cadet Corps Act of 1949.
National Cadet Corps is an organisation under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. It is a fully residential cadet training institute. The main objective of this institute is to provide military education and training to school and college boys to develop their personality, sense of duty, discipline, professional skills, and patriotic fervor. NCC has a great contribution to nation-building activities like crime prevention, social integration, etc.
Benefits of National Cadet Corps
1) The Government provides monetary assistance to the cadets.
2) The Government provides subsidized railway fare as well as food & accommodation allowance as per rules.
3) The Government pays the salary of the cadets during the period of NCC.
4) The Governments also provide uniforms, footwear, and books to NCC boys.
5) Students joining NCC are eligible to get scholarships at local and state levels as per rules & regulations. (Ex: Punjab State Higher Education Council, Punjab Technical University, etc.)